Thursday, October 2, 2008

Alex Turns 8!

Well, my little boy turned 8 last week--the time is just going WAY too fast! He had a 3-day birthday because of all of the different activities we had planned. Friday, his actual birthday, I went to his school and handed out cookies for his birthday treat. He was very excited to have me there (I guess they still aren't embarassed of their parents at that age!). Later, he wanted to go out for oriental food for dinner so we went to a restaurant called Taste of Asia. Then it was off to the school carnival for the evening activity. We got to play lots of fun games and ended the night with a really cool fireworks show.


The next day was his birthday party at the local Recreation center. Everyone had tons of fun swimming and sliding down the water slide. All of his St. George cousins were there, as well as a few of his friends. Our good friends, the Bunkers, were actually down for the weekend as well, so they were able to join in the festivities. Alex was very happy to have so many people there--it made him feel special.


Finally, because we were so busy we didn't get a chance to have his birthday cake. So Sunday, Grandma and Grandpa invited us over for dinner and we celebrated by singing "Happy Birthday" and finally eating his birthday cake. What a weekend it was!!


1 comment:

The Bowlers said...

Alex is so cute! He's getting so big, it was fun to go swimming, Kade had fun! I put his baptism announcement on our fridge, and Kade is so observant, he notices if I change anything...so he points to it and says "who's that?" And I said "Alex", so now he always points to him and tries to say his name and smiles.