Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

OK, so I have been tagged by 2 different people with 2 different "tag rules", so I hope you don't mind, but I will put them both on one post. First, my cousin, Stephanie, "tagged" me a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't gotten around to completing my task. Here are the rules

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

OK, Brian told me to put this one--every time I brush my teeth, I follow the EXACT same routine every time, with no variation. I start brushing on the same side every time, and when I rinse, I rinse my mouth 3 times and then I get 3 sips of water. I know, I'm weird--it must be the Howard in me :)

When I was 7 months old, I ate a grasshopper while my parents were watching fireworks. It really freaked my mom out--she still talks about it to this day!

I absolutely HATE to exercise, but I have been dragging my behind out the door 3 days a week with my friend, Rachel, so we can walk 1-2 miles. I don't think it's doing much good, in fact I think I'm gaining weight! I'm just chalking it up to nursing...

When I get embarrassed or exercise, my face turns the darkest shade of red--almost purple. Believe me, it's not your normal "blush of embarrassment". People actually ask me what's wrong with me. In fact, I have been in an exercise class before and the instructor thought I was going to have a stroke or a heart attack, so she made me do the slow routine instead of the normal "get your heart-rate up" routine. The embarrassment only made my face look worse!

I absolutely LOVE Hot Tamales!! It is my very favorite candy. I have been trying to stay off of sugar, but that is one thing that will ruin my determination every time. I am also a chocoholic, and I especially love chocolate ice cream loaded with chocolate chunks, fudge, caramel, and the likes (I know you can empathize Brei--our late-night ice cream party was fun a couple of weeks ago!)

I am very picky about how my dishes are done (thanks mom!). I have a really hard time letting other people do my dishes, but lately I have been grateful for the help I have received since the pregnancy/birth of Andrew--it seems like the house has been a constant mess ever since I was pregnant. Anyway, it takes every ounce of energy I have not to re-load my dishwasher after someone else has loaded it!




OK, next, my friend Katie Smith tagged me with a photo tag. I am supposed to go into "my pictures" and click on the 6th folder and then click on the 4th picture. Then, I am supposed to post it and tell about it.




This was a walk down memory lane! This is a picture of Alex holding McKenna right after we brought her home from the hospital. I will share a quick story about this time in Alex's life. He loved his little sister, but the first few days after we brought her home he was very reserved and melancholy. I just attributed it to the fact that he was adjusting to this "shake-up" in his routine. After a few days, he perked up and acted like everything was back to normal. Well, a few months later, Alex said, "Mommy, do you remember when I thought I wasn't going to be in this family anymore?" I was shocked and said, "When did you think that?" He then said, "I thought that when McKenna came to live at our house, that I wouldn't be able to live here anymore." Imagine my surprise and sadness as I realized that he thought he was literally going to be replaced by his little sister! We had tried to prepare him--we had a Family Night that taught about babies and what he could expect when she came home from the hospital--but I guess it didn't sink in. Anyway, this picture just reminded me of that time in his life!

OK, I will tag Brei Bunker, Angie Bowler, Stephanie Johnson, Briana Street, and Michelle Meacham. Go to your "My Pictures" file, go to the 7th folder and click on the 5th picture and tell about it!

2 comments:

Joseph and Katie said...

Krista I loved this walk down memory lane. What a sweet little picture and write up. Thanks for doing the tag.
Katie

Chet and Stephanie said...

This is a cute tag! Also your comment about brushing your teeth and the howard in you made me laugh!