Alex is in a huge Star Wars phase right now. Anyone who knows him knows that when he is "into" something, he has a hard time thinking about anything else. Well, he got 3 new lightsabers for Christmas, so now he has a total of 4. He thought it would be fun to have a lightsaber war with some of his friends, so last week he recruited a couple of them to come over and battle. Pretty soon, other boys started coming out of the woodwork so they had to borrow more lightsabers. They played for about 3 hours after school on Friday, and then got together again on Saturday for many more hours of fun. The weather was beautiful, so they were able to play outside the whole time (thankfully!). Here are a few pictures of the adventure. I didn't get pictures of all of the boys, but here are a few of them.
Here they are planning their stretegy.
The battle begins! McKenna even decided to get in on the action.
There were a couple of casualties...

In the end, it was all for one...

and one for all! May the force be with you!!
5 comments:
That's so fun! I'm so glad the weather has been so nice...it's nice to get out and get fresh air! And to let Kade run off all his energy!!!
Isn't it great when the kids can go outside and beat each other up with light sabers? :) I want one!
My boys would have loved that! They have two light sabers between them and spend lots of time "battling." About the death star cake, my friend Alison who has a home bakery business made it, but I can ask her what she used and tell you, just let me know. Also, Jim bought the R2-D2 on Amazon.
Is McKenna wearing shorts? That is so not fair! Looks like you have alot of kids in your neighborhood. That is so great! We miss you here, though!
What fun! It's great that Alex has the imagination to start the neighborhood on an adventure! Thanks for your sweet note on our blog. I know what you mean about the scrapbooking thing. I have never really gotten into it. I do love the blog, it makes it so easy! Ditto on we miss you!
Post a Comment