Saturday, September 20, 2008

Balloons for Wyatt

There is a family in our ward who had a baby that died last March. He was a few days away from turning 6 months old. His 1st birthday would have been tomorrow, so some people in the neighborhood organized a rememberence for little Wyatt Larsen. Everyone brought a balloon and we released it in his honor.

There was a lot of support for the Larsen family. I think this was everyone's way of showing that they haven't forgotten this sweet little boy. We never got a chance to know him, since he died before we moved here. In fact, I hadn't formally met his mom until today. However, as a parent, I can't help but feel very touched by their story. His mom has started a blog that is dedicated to the memory of her little boy. It is very touching, heartwrenching, and uplifting, and you can't help but feel closer to the Savior by reading it. Andrea shares her feelings almost on a daily basis about how she is coping. The emotions are very raw, and it gives you a glimpse into what it might be like to lose a child. If you get a few minutes, check out her blog by clicking on the link above.

I can just imagine a little boy in heaven smiling and reaching out to play with these balloons as they float by.

2 comments:

The Bowlers said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sad! I don't think I could handle it! They seem like a really neat family, and it looks like it's brought them closer to the Savior.

Scarlett said...

Krista! How are you? Brei sent me your blog. It is so fun to see how your cute fam is doing! We really miss you guys in the ward. This is a great way to keep updated, though. My blog is scarlettann.blogspot.com if you wanna take a look!