Friday, December 19, 2008

Let It Snow!!


The past couple of days it has been snowing . That may not be a big deal to some, but in a town that gets very little snow, it is very exciting! School was actually closed down yesterday because of the weather, so the kids had a fun, spontaneous snow day. It's kind of funny to think that they closed school for a few inches of snow. Last winter when we were up north, I remember several days where it was a terrible blizzard, and school should have been cancelled but it wasn't. Well, let me tell you, people down here don't know how to drive in snow very well. Mix that with slippery roads, and very few snow plows and you get the point! I don't even know if they have salt for the roads--I heard on the radio that they were going to spread sand in some of the icy intersections. I asked my mom (who works in a school) how many times they have closed the schools due to bad weather, and she said that since we moved here in 1988, they have never closed schools for that reason. Once, they released the kids early due to a storm, but that was it! I guess that shows you that this storm was a "doozy"! Anyway, it was a lot of fun for the kids and they took full advantage of the snow before it started to melt. It's a good thing we still had all of our snow gear!

The snow packed really well so it was perfect for a snowman!


Snow angels were next on the list--it's kind of hard when you keep scraping the grass underneath!


Maya tried hard to make a snow angel--she's so bundled up she looks like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man.


Get a good look, McKenna--it won't be here for long!


I thought this was a sight--a palm tree with snow on and around it.


There's nothing better than hot chocolate after a long day in the snow!

3 comments:

The Bowlers said...

that looks so fun. There is so much snow in Enterprise!!! it's so cold...what am I thinking? :)

Corbett Family said...

Yea! I'm glad you have a blog. It is a fun way to keep in touch. Your kids look like they are having a great time in the snow.

Bonnie said...

What a cute post! The snow has been crazy, didn't know it was snowing for youguys too!!