Thursday, December 4, 2008

Spontaneous Hike


Posted by Picasa

Last weekend, my sister, Michelle, decided to come over so our kids to play. Well, Brian had a bright idea to take all of us on a hike that he had heard about, which is close to where we live. Now, I have to say that I was not very enthusiastic, because ever since I was a teenager I have HATED hiking. Girl's Camp really ruined it for me. I remember hiking for hours up steep hills and being so completely exhausted and sore that it was hard to really enjoy the rest of the camp. Well, Brian and Michelle "ganged" up on me, so I decided to give it a try. When we got there, I realized that it was more of a stroll than a hike. The trail was packed firmly with dirt so that it could be wheelchair accessible--I wish we would have thought to bring a stroller! Anyway, we ended up having a great time! The kids had a blast exploring and climbing on the rocks, and the view was fantastic! We didn't make it the full 3 miles--there were supposed to be Indian petroglyphs at the end of the trail--but we had fun, no less. Here are a few pictures from our "hike".

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I am sooooo not a hiker, either. Maybe it's just cause I am so out of shape....Anyway, I found that there are certain hikes I like as well. Ones that are easy to walk on, and not too long!

Heather Atkinson said...

I love the pictures! You're such a great photographer. :D