Monday, November 24, 2008

The Gas "Crunch" Uncrunching

Well, today my gas tank was on "empty", so I forced myself to go to the dreaded gas station to fill up. A few months ago, this simple task would have cost me right around $75.00. OUCH! And I don't even have an SUV! When you have to fill up at least twice a month, that can really add up.



Then, a few weeks ago the prices started dropping drastically, and I was driving away from the pump paying between $45-$50. That was definitely much easier on the ol' budget. Well, imagine my surprise when I pulled into the gas station today and the cost per gallon was only $1.77! I couldn't believe my eyes when the numbers on the pump stopped at a mere $30.00--I actually started to shout for joy! I think people were wondering what I was up to when they saw me grinning from ear to ear.

I know there are a lot of reasons why the prices are finally coming down, and you definitely won't hear me complaining (or anyone else, I'm sure). I guess we'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts, eh?! Hopefully, we won't be back to this anytime soon...



So, the question of the day is: What are you paying for gas these days?

2 comments:

The Bowlers said...

Kris, I was so excited because when we filled up the 4 runner, it was $39! And the truck was like $50!! Normally Nate fills the pick up for like 80 or more. So we were excited. But this is what happened before the "great depression", too, so it's also a little scary. But I'm gonna try not to dwell on it and just enjoy the prices coming down...and just get prepared for whatever is in store.

Marci said...

$2.13 this morning in Rochester, NY