Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little Mommy 1

McKenna has always been a little nurturer by nature. She is such a great help to me with the little kids--she plays with them whenever I need her; she keeps Andrew out of trouble when I need to get something done; she is the first to give them a hug or kiss when they are sad, etc.
So, the other day, I asked her if she would watch Andrew for me while I was making dinner. She happily obliged and went straight to work--and by work, I mean she really did work more than was necessary...
After about 15 minutes, she came into the kitchen and announced that she had just changed Andrew's diaper all by herself--and it was REALLY poopy. Now, at first I thought she was kidding, but then, after repeated attempts to have me come and see, I realized she was all-too serious! I was actually really nervous to see the "damage", but I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the living room and realized that there was not a spec of poop out of place. She said that "he did stick his foot in it, and it got all over his leg, oh, and I did get some on my fingers", but she had cleaned everything up by the time I got out there. I was proud of my little 5 year-old "mommy"! She told me that she would be happy to change all of his diapers from now on--I may take her up on that!
Here is Andrew after the "big ordeal". Doesn't he look a little shell-shocked? Look at how well she did at getting his diaper on correctly--I would say that's pretty good for a 5 year-old!

There was a little "crack" she didn't cover in the back, but isn't it cute?

5 comments:

The Bowlers said...

That's so nice!!! One of these days, I'll get a little girl.

Scarlett said...

So cute! I hope that is how Kassi is when we finally have another one! I can't believe how big Andrew is! He's a little tank! So adorable!

Bonnie said...

oh what a sweet little helper! love that she took such initiative!

Jana said...

I hope you don't mind that I check your blog out! I was on Shaye's and saw yours. Way to go McKenna! Too cute. See you Thursday!

juliea said...

Your kids are getting so big! Hoepfully I'll have such a great helper when I have this new baby in the summer. I might have to be a little more persuasive, though. Great little family. Thanks for sharing. Miss you, lots. I need a Walmart shopping partner!