Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine Cookie Party

Yes, I know I have been off of the blogging bandwagon lately, but I will try to catch up. For the past several years, we have had a tradition of having a cookie decorating party for Valentines Day. The kids have loved having their friends and cousins over for cookies and a valentine exchange. Well, since we moved, I have to say that it didn't even cross my mind this year--until Alex brought it up a week before Valentines Day. He was pretty set on keeping the tradition going, so I called all of my siblings and invited their kids over. We decided to do it on Friday after school, since Saturdays are usually busy. After doing some math, I realized that with all 18 cousins and 3 second cousins (my cousin Stacie's kids came, too) we would not have enough room in our little house. So we talked Grandma into letting us invade her house while she was at work. Thanks, Angie, for putting up with us!


It was a lot of fun, and I'm sure the tradition will keep going for years to come!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a great tradition, I just love v-day cookies! I might copy your tradition!~