Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Day of School



Yesterday was the first day of school for Alex and McKenna. Alex was a little nervous about being in a new school and not knowing anyone. However, after coming home yesterday, he was really excited. He really likes his new teacher, and he said he made a new friend named Samuel. He said everyone in his class is "so nice--they're not as crazy and mean as they were at his last school." (I didn't realize kids were "crazy and mean" at his last school, but I guess that is his perspective!) McKenna got to meet her teacher yesterday, and had a tour of the classroom. We got to visit with her teacher and learn about some of the fun things they would be doing in Kindergarten this year. Her first official day is today, so I will get to see her reaction when she gets home. It's pretty crazy that I now have 2 kids in school. Good thing I still have 2 at home to keep me company! :)

3 comments:

juliea said...

Wow! Can't beleive that McKenna is in Kindergarten already! I guess Josh is too. Time flies by too fast. We have to enjoy every minute with them at each age.

Marci said...

They look so cute going off to school.

BrianaKay said...

Oh, how cute! Those kids are so cute! How exciting that McKenna is starting kindergarten! They are getting so old! I miss you guys :)