Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Car Seats
Ok, I found these videos on YouTube today related to car seat safety. The first one is about the importance of keeping your child in a rear-facing carseat for as long as possible. I just turned Andrew's carseat around because he is just about a year old and 25 lbs, so I thought he would be safe--now I know that I am wrong!! As soon as I finish this post, I am going to go out and change his carseat around. I am going to keep him rear-facing as long as possible!
This next video is related to booster seats. I was thinking about getting Maya a booster soon, but now I know better. I am even thinking about buying McKenna a Britax 5 point carseat that can hold up to 80 lbs. After seeing some of the stories about children dying in car accidents because their booster or the seat belt failed, it has made me realize that this problem is more common than we think. An adult seatbelt on a booster can also cause more injury than a 5 point harness. I know the seatbelts in our van have some issues, so I want to go and have them checked and replaced, if necessary. A couple of years ago, we found that it would cost $200.00 to replace 1 seatbelt. It's kind of expensive, but if we are ever involved in a car accident (heaven forbid), I think the cost would be well worth it! Anyway, this impacted me and changed my thinking greatly, so I thought I would share it with you! Be sure to push the pause button on my playlist before watching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is really scary! Thanks for sharing those, I am definately going to keep my kids in the right car seats!
Man, I sure wish I lived in St. George right about now! I am so tired of this insane weather! Glad I can read your blog and see how your fam is doing. You guys are sure missed in the ward and neighborhood.
I was just thinking about putting Kassi in a booster. She is 38 pounds! But it looks like a better idea to keep her in her carseat! Thanks for the info!
Krista, I think you were so inspried to post this...I am going to have a good change around in our car, as far as car-seats go, and how I secure them.
Post a Comment