
Sunday night, we had a double-feature--both Andrew and Maya kept us awake because their ears were hurting. Andrew had been throwing up for a couple of days before that, so we were prepared for him to wake us up. This time, however, he was tugging on his left ear. Well, Maya woke us up a few minutes later scratching on her left ear as well, and she also had a fever. She told us that her ear was hurting, and she tried to make sense of it by telling us that she "broke her ear because she fell off of her bike outside". It was so cute, I couldn't help but smile even though she was in pain. Luckily we had some ear-numbing drops that helped them to sleep for about 4 hours--then they were both up at the same time again. I felt grateful to have a husband who was willing to help me in the middle of the night--I know not all husbands are like that!

Yesterday I took them to the Doctor and, sure enough, Andrew had a really bad ear infection. She said that this could be why he was throwing up as well. Poor baby--he wasn't even tugging on his ear before that so I had no idea! He is so good-natured that even after he would throw up, he would smile at me and act happy. What a sweet baby!

Maya's ear infection was actually worse than Andrew's. The doctor looked in her ear and said, "Oh, this is a bad one momma--it's probably going to pop!" Now, when I was little, I had several ear infections where mine did pop, and let me tell you, it was SO painful that I can remember it to this day! Well, this little girl must have an extremely high pain tolerance because she didn't complain one bit about her ear hurting until Sunday night! As you can see from the picture, she is still smiling even though her ear must be throbbing! It still hasn't "popped", and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the medicine she is on will prevent this from happening. It breaks my heart when my kids are sick--they are so sweet!
4 comments:
Poor things! I hope they get better soon. They are both so sweet, I can't believe they are still smiling.
Yeah, those ear infections can disrupt sleep for everyone for sure! cute pics even though they are sick!
SO sad! Kassi would get so many ear infections that we finally had to put tubes in her ears. Unlike your kids she would scream and scream, so I always knew when she had one! Fun times....LOL!
You would never know by these darling pics that those two were in so much pain. Troopers!
Post a Comment