Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Look Back...

Last year at this time, we were knee-deep in snow. It was only January, and we still had several months ahead of us of winter weather, complete with freezing temperatures--ugh! It was even really cold and rainy on the last day of school, which was June 4! Alex wore a long-sleeved shirt and long pants to school that day. Crazy! Anyway, below are a couple of pictures of Brian snow-blowing our huge driveway. I bet my friend, Brei, can remember these pictures.

Notice how deep it is, and how snow-packed the road is behind him. And we lived in the middle of the valley--not on the benches where they got a ton more snow! (Can you tell how much I dislike snow????)

So, I thought it would be fun to take a picture of our house this year. Notice the sunshine peeking over the house? The sun is something we rarely saw during the winter up north. I always got really depressed during the winter, because it always seemed to be dark and gloomy. The inversion didn't help the situation, either. It also made Alex's asthma really bad as well. I'm happy to say that he has not had to be on ANY asthma medication since we moved down here. It's been a blessing for him. I do have to say, though, that I am grateful for the great friends I had up there (you know who you are!). They definitely helped to make a dreary winter bearable!

It was really nice this year not to dread the coming of winter. It has been chilly, but I have been fine wearing a jacket on most days. The kids can still play outside and get some fresh air and exercise, and I know they have been healthier because of it. Even though the summertime is blazing hot, I will take 3 months of a hot summer over 6 months of cold and snow any day!

5 comments:

Brei said...

STOP IT! This is soooo not fair...are you doing this to punish me for something? You have no idea how jealous I am. I guess that means we really do need to come down there, although I don't know if my family would see me again before April-you know, when all the snow up here is melted and it's warmer. You know what you are? You're an anti-snowite; good to have you in the club!

Bonnie said...

Wow, I am jealous! Ryan has a touch of bronchitis and it's been interesting for me to try and get out there and shovel! Enjoy the sunshine! Love the Daughtry on your playlist...

Krista said...

Brei, you know I love you!!! I'm just trying to entice you to come and visit--I miss you! :)

Scarlett said...

Ok, soooo jealous! I love the snow in December before Christmas, but when we get to January, I'm so done and ready for Spring. Too bad I won't be seeing nice weather for at least another 3-4 months. Oh well, we can't all move to St George!

The Bowlers said...

Kris your header looks so cute...please help me with mine!